- 1 1. With an aim of ending insurgency in Nagaland, the Indian government today signed a peace accord with key Naga militant group, the Nationalist Socialist Council of Nagaland (NSCN-IM). The landmark peace treaty was signed between presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Thuingaleng Muivah of NSC
Hello guys, how are you all, dear friends, If you are among those students who are preparing for some competitive exam. Then specially, Current affairs is the most important topic which an aspirants must prepare before going for the exam. It includes the complete information regarding sports, politics, nature, international, national, business deals etc. You guys, must keep one thing in mind that all the subjects comes in exams are equally important.
Current Affairs March 2016 -GK Easy Notes
1. With an aim of ending insurgency in Nagaland, the Indian government today signed a peace accord with key Naga militant group, the Nationalist Socialist Council of Nagaland (NSCN-IM). The landmark peace treaty was signed between presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Thuingaleng Muivah of NSC
2.With onion prices touching Rs. 45 per kg in retail markets, the Odisha governmenttoday decided to launch Onion Mission and provide easy loans and high yielding seeds to farmers. The Govt will also set up 300 cold storage centres across Odisha in which about 25 lakh tonne of onion can be stored that will help in containing the price rise of onion.
3. India to host 2nd Forum for India-Pacific Islands Cooperation (FIPIC). The upcoming summit, which is going to be held on on 21st August 2015 at Jaipur is expected to pave the way for agreements in agriculture, food processing, fisheries, solar energy, e-networks for coordination in telemedicine and tele-education, space cooperation and climate change, all of which were mentioned as areas of potential cooperation by Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his visit to Fiji in 2014.
4.US tennis player Serena Williams held on to the lead in the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) rankings released today with 12,721 points.
- The top-10 rankings:
- Serena Williams (US) 12,721 points
- Maria Sharapova (Russia) 6,490
- Simona Halep (Romania) 5,151
- Petra Kvitova (Czech) 5,000
- Caroline Wozniacki (Denmark) 4,910
- Ana Ivanovic (Serbia) 3,765
- Agnieszka Radwanska (Poland) 3,560
- Lucie Safarova (Czech) 3,515
- Garbine Muguruza (Spain) 3,320
- Carla Suarez (Spain) 3,285.
5. HDFC Bank Ltd. on July 30, 2015 launched ‘Dhanchayat’ an educational film to raise awareness on the dangers of borrowing money from unorganised sources. This film has been launched under the aegis of Swachch Banking, the Bank’s CSR initiative for rural India.
6. HDFC Bank ties up with Snapdeal for co-branded credit card
- India’s second largest private sector lender, HDFC Bank and online marketplace Snapdeal jointly launched co branded e-commerce credit card today.
- The card is aimed at getting Snapdeal’s customers, 70 per cent of whom are from smaller cities and towns, to make online payments instead of availing the cash on delivery option. A customer can apply for the card from Snapdeal’s website, mobile site or mobile application. The applicant’s credit eligibility will be checked instantly.
- Even non customers of the the bank can apply for the co-branded credit card. The move is aimed at tapping the rise in ecommerce transactions with payments companies like Paytm which gives discounts to attract customers.
7. Bharti Airtel to acquire YTS Solutions
- Bharti Airtel is all set to acquire digital financial service provider YTS Solutions and appoint its co-founder and managing director Manish Khera as CEO of Airtel M Commerce Services Limited (AMSL), its flagship semi-closed wallet under the brand name ‘Airtel Money’.
- The company, however, did not disclose the size of the acquisition.
- In January 2015, AMSL, which had launched Airtel Money in 2011, applied to Reserve Bank of India for a Payments’ Bank licence.
Current Affairs 4th August 2015
That is all in the Current Affairs 4th August 2015 , for more updates related to current affairs, exams, latest government or private jobs, vacancies, answer keys, results, etc. you have to be stay connected with our website. Keep visiting and we promise you to keep you up guys updates with each information.
See more : Current Affairs 4th August 2015
If you have query regarding Current Affairs 4th August 2015 -GK Easy Notes please let us know about that.