Hello guys, how are you all, dear friends, If you are among those students who are preparing for some competitive exam. Then specially, Current affairs is the most important topic which an aspirants must prepare before going for the exam. It includes the complete information regarding sports, politics, nature, international, national, business deals etc. You guys, must keep one thing in mind that all the subjects comes in exams are equally important.
So dear friends keep visiting our website daily because you can update your knowledge from here as the news we provide you is the best and most important news from all over the world for the near upcoming exams. From here you can download the Current Affairs 1st Aug 2015 – APJ Kalam Special GK.
Current Affairs 1st Aug 2015 – APJ Kalam Special GK
Capital infusion of Rs 20,000 crore in public sector banks
- Union government has decided to infuse capital to the tune of Rs 20,000 crore in public sector banks.
- According to the Financial Services Secretary Hasmukh Adhia 50%, or Rs 10,000 crore of this money will find its way to “weak” banks.
- This money is likely to strengthen balance sheets of banks reeling with high non-performing assets and bad loans.
- The finance ministry is setting up a rating system for public sector banks where their performance will be measured.
- Under this method, a higher rated bank will enjoy equity support from the government unlike the practice earlier when government used to support the weaker banks with equity erosion.
UP Govt. decides to rename UPT University Lucknow
- Uttar Pradesh government has decided to rename Uttar Pradesh Technical University Lucknow in the name of former President APJ Abdul Kalam.
- The decision has been taken to honor the late President. Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has announced that a grand memorial of Dr Kalam will also be developed at the University campus.
India’s first Harbour Defence System commissioned in Kochi
- India’s first Integrated Underwater Harbour Defence and Surveillance System (IUHDSS) was commissioned in Kochi, Kerala.
- First of its kind system in the country is part of initiatives to strengthen and beef up coastal security in the western coastline.
- Designed by Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI). Consists of advance sensors, coastal surveillance radars and sound navigation and ranging systems (SONAR).
- Capable of detecting, tracking, identifying and generating warning for all types of underwater and surface threats to harbour security. The integrated system can detect presence of divers and under water threats with the help of this automatic system
Ranveer Singh Saini wins Gold at Special Olympics World Games in Los Angeles
- Ranveer Singh Saini(14 years) has become the first Indian Golfer to win a Gold medal at the Special Olympics World Games in Los Angeles.He achieved the feat in GF Golf-Level 2 Alternate Shot Team Play event.
- Ranveer and his partner Monica Jajoo were nine shots clear of joint second-placed teams from Hong Kong and Nippon.
- Prabhroop Sekhon (14-years) also clinched two Gold medals in 300-metres and 500-metres Roller Skating. An Autistic student, Sekhon is from ASHA School in Lucknow Cantt.
- Special Olympics World Summer Games are an international sporting competition organized by Special Olympics for athletes with intellectual disabilities.
- Special Olympics founded in 1968 by Eunice Kennedy Shriver to celebrate the talents, perseverance and achievements of those with intellectual disabilities.
Must check out : Current Affairs 1st Aug 2015
Current Affairs 1st Aug 2015
That is all in the Current Affairs 1st Aug 2015 , for more updates related to current affairs, exams, latest government or private jobs, vacancies, answer keys, results, etc. you have to be stay connected with our website. Keep visiting and we promise you to keep you up guys updates with each information.
If you need any help regarding Current Affairs 1st Aug 2015 – APJ Kalam Special GK please let us know about that drop a comment on the comment box below.
COPY CODE SNIPPET