The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), in a bid to test the quantitative and qualitative reasoning of students had come up with a compulsory ‘problem solving assessment called (CBSE-PSA) for class 9th and 11th students from the second term of the 2012-13 academic session.
- While students of class 11th will get a certificate on CBSE-PSA, for class 9th students, CBSE-PSA will be counteded towards final assessment (FA), which is 10% of total assessments of class 9th. This assessment will also be carried forward towards the FA in class 10th. This score will be reflected in one language (English or Hindi), maths, science and social science.
- The students also have an option to improve their PSA score in class 10th, as they can take the test with class 9th students of the session. The best scores will be reflected in the final certificate which is also termed a report card in case of those applying for improvement.
- The examination shall be conducted in the school and the Candidates shall appear against their Registration No. issued earlier, there will be no new Registration No. provided.
CBSE PSA 2016 Sample Papers for Class 9/10/11 cbse.nic.in
CBSE PSA 2016 Syllabus :
- Although there is no specific syllabus for CBSE PSA 2016, the purpose of conducting this test is to assess the students in their quantitative and qualitative reasoning and language conventions. The questions will be asked in the test from aspects like creative-thinking, decision-making, communication to improve the generic and higher order thinking skills and critical thinking, problem-solving. The test will also assess students’ language skills like grammar, usage, vocabulary in context and passage-completion.
PSA- 2015 (Class 9th)
Exam Pattern :
|Test||Duration||Timing||Date||Question Detail||Maximum Marks|
|PSA class 9th||2 Hours||10:00 to 12:00||–:–||60 MCQs||60|
|Section||Number of questions||Total number of questions|
|A: Language Conventions
1. Grammar & Usage MCQs
|B: Qualitative Reasoning
1. Stand-alone MCQs
|C: Quantitative Reasoning
1. Stand-alone MCQs
Follow these steps in order to get CBSE PSA 2016 Sample Papers
- Firstly, Candidates required to visit the official website which is cbse.nic.in
- Navigate through the website and find the link relevant to the CBSE PSA 2016 Sample Papers
- Click on that link
- Your CBSE PSA 2016 Sample Papers will be displayed in the new tab.
- Check it and prepare according to it
If you guys have any query regarding CBSE PSA 2016 Sample Papers let us know about that. As we are there to help you guys.